The Growcom Workplace Relations team has specialist knowledge about how national and state workplace relations and employment law is applied in a horticulture business context.
Growcom has supported horticulture growers with information and advice on workplace relations, human resource management and workplace health and safety for over 15 years.
Our professional advice, representation and products assist horticulture employers to meet their compliance
obligations and create an efficient, harmonious and safe workplace.
Growcom members receive two hours of free workplace relations advice per year along with regular IR Alert emails for key issues. We also host regional workshops and seminars to help growers stay up to date with legal requirements and industry best practice.
The Growcom team can assist with general advice on:
- all aspects of employment
- interpretation of the horticulture award and other legislative instruments
- contracts of employment for all categories of staff
- induction processes
- advice on managing ill or injured employees
- policies and processes for managing harassment and bullying
- guidance regarding counselling employees on performance and conduct
- assistance with redundancy, termination of employment, and unfair dismissal claims
- employer representation in dispute matters
- contracts and written agreements for using labour hire contractors
- a range of template documents tailored for individual business needs
- assistance to prepare policies and procedures that make business life simpler
- site visits to train employers and employees.