Purpose of Scheme:
Reef Alliance – Growing a Great Barrier Reef (Horticulture) aims to improve sediment, nutrient & pesticide management on farms.
The following principles will apply:
- Funding will be directed to horticulture growers who are seeking to address nutrient, sediment and pesticide management practices
- Grower properties must be within the following NRM Regions:
— Bowen Burdekin, Burnett Mary & Fitzroy catchment areas
- All projects funded to align with Water Quality Risk Assessment Framework
This scheme is a critical part of the Reef Alliance – Growing a Great Barrier Reef Horticulture and has direct links to industry adoption programs already in place.
Nature of Assistance:
The scheme provides a 40% subsidy up to $5000 (ex GST) for horticulture growers. The scheme will commence in April 2017 with funding distributed across multiple rounds (see schedule) to approved applicants until available monies are exhausted.
Categories of items which attract subsidies:
- Drainage, inter-row, capture works
- Record / budget tools (development, subscription)
- Fertigation systems (manual / automated)
- Precision spray applicators
- Monitoring tools (soil moisture, nutrients, sediment movement)
- Farming enterprise must be in Queensland and be within the identified regions
- Applicant must provide ABN number applicable to the farm enterprise
- Must agree to the Terms & Conditions