A Collaborative Learning Approach To Rural Resilience
Through the Collaborative Learning Approach to Rural Resilience project, Growcom will establish an online platform that equips farmers with topic specific factsheets, webinars, podcasts and video tutorials that are designed to kick start a grower’s journey to disaster recovery and resilience building.
The information will be produced in collaboration with local service provides (accountants, financial consultants and agronomists), researchers, and farmers (farmer stories). This network will strive to forge a long lasting collaboration with local professionals to provide farmers with a disaster support network.
The Rural Resilience project will
- Reduce future risks and minimise community dependence on government assistance
- Enhance self-efficacy and community-efficacy
- Minimise negative impacts and embrace opportunities
- Promote connectedness, encourage support networks and social inclusion
- Support and promote opportunities for sustainable economic recovery
- Support business and service provider continuity
- Promote preparedness and resilience to future disasters.
Contact the project manager
Recovery & Resilience Officer
0499 355 225