Farm Water Futures
Irrigation efficiency and pump-related energy costs are ongoing issues in the horticulture industry. A key priority is to offer growers further support to improve irrigation and fertigation system management.
Farm Water Futures follows on from the long running Rural Water Use Efficiency – Irrigation Futures (RWUE-IF) program.
Through Farm Water Futures, Growcom is:
- offering irrigation uniformity assessments for growers in south east Queensland
- delivering advice to growers about water use efficiency
- supporting on-farm adoption of irrigation and pump efficiencies
- updating the irrigation and energy modules within Hort360 and supporting growers to work through them
- providing irrigation expertise and advice to other Growcom projects
- actively contributing to policy development and new research relating to water and irrigation management in horticulture
Contact the Project Manager
On-farm Water & Energy Efficiency Project Manager
07 3620 3844
0411 722 113