North Queensland Floods – Horticulture Industry Recovery Project
Through the NQ Floods – Horticulture Industry Recovery Project, Growcom’s IRRO can provide assistance to affected growers including:
- Access to financial assistance available through the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA)
- Access to support through the Federal Government’s Rural Financial Counselling Services
- The identification of risks and on-farm improvements using Hort360 the best management practice program for horticulture.
- Access to technical advice to support on-farm repairs and to re-build soil health
- Access to services to build resilience and preparedness for future disasters in farm businesses.
The IRRO role has been funded until December 2019.
Farmer Disaster Support website
Developed by the Queensland Farmers’ Federation (QFF) www.farmerdisastersupport.org.au has a simple postcode and industry search function that provides a one stop shop of all industry specific, local, state, federal and not-for-profit assistance available in your local area.
The service is designed for farmers from all industries and is designed to save you time and frustration in the aftermath of an event. This site has been built by industry for industry to get you back on your feet and better prepared for the next event.
Contact the project manager
Recovery & Resilience Officer
0499 355 225