Start your career in horticulture
FIND A FARM JOB
There are a number of ways to find work on a Queensland farm.
- Search the Harvest Trail jobs board
- Phone the National Harvest Labour Information Service on 1800 062 332
- See the JobSearch website for more information about finding and applying for seasonal jobs for Australian residents
- Search the FarmHub website
- Visit the regional farm job campaign sites and jobs sites, including Pick the Burdekin, Work and Play Whitsundays, Granite Belt Harvest Army, CQ Job Link
- Look for advertisements in local papers and social media sites and local online job boards
- Register with the Queensland Government’s Jobsfinder service
- Use private job search websites including Adzuna, Career One and Seek
- Search the wool harvesting jobs website
- Contact working hostels in the region
Not sure of where you’d like to go? Visit the Queensland Government’s #pickqld planner and search by month and location.
AgFood Connect is an innovative pilot project that aims to create full-time jobs for individuals across a multitude of businesses in growth industries, making the employment process simple for jobseekers and employers.
Being a part of AgFood Connect gives you access to case-managed employment, ongoing mentoring, and expert staff that are available to you seven days a week. Our staff aim to overcome any barriers that you face in the employment and recruitment sectors.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be aged 17–24 years
- Be in jobactive
- Transition to Work
- Disability Employment Services or NEST.
- Be eligible for Youth Jobs PaTH Internship
Contact Business Engagement Officer, Blair Brown today:
0456 639 098
Assistance is available for eligible people who relocate to undertake work in agriculture.
You could be eligible for payments of up to $1,500 from the Queensland Government to assist with accommodation and transport costs associated with travelling and staying in remote locations.
Australians could be eligible for up to $6,000 and international job seekers could be eligible for $2,000 through the Australian Government’s relocation assistance.
FARM READY HUB
If you want to work in horticulture but don’t know where to start, Farm Ready offers a virtual gateway into the industry. The completion of Farm Ready training will help connect you with the right information to prepare for farm work and secure a job in horticulture.
Growcom is currently offering recent school-leavers access Farm Ready training for FREE. If you are interested in receiving a code and completing Farm Ready training, please register your details using the form below.