Article developed in collaboration with SuperFriend
Since 2015, SuperFriend has produced the Indicators of a Thriving Workplace Report as part of Australia’s largest workplace mental health survey.
This year, they surveyed over 10,000 Australian workers to gain insights into the state of Australian workplaces and the mental health and wellbeing of their workers.
The Report has unique insights from COVID-19’s profound impact on workers around the nation, highlights at-risk industries and populations, actions most likely to improve worker outcomes, and practical strategies for getting the best out of your people.
Key call-outs from the 2021 report
We’re now into the second year of the pandemic and many Australian workers are still navigating their way through multiple lockdowns, social distancing and changing workloads.
SuperFriend have discovered that in the last 12 months:
- Over 50% of Australian workers experienced a mental health condition
- People who believe their workplace caused their condition increased from 6.6% to 8.9%, while 13.5% believe their workplace made their condition worse (up from 10.5%)
- Half of the workforce wants to work remotely to some extent and 3 in 5 of those workers want to work remotely at least 50% of the time
- 7 in 10 people in thriving workplaces say their workplace attracts the best workers. This is 8 times higher than workplaces that are not thriving
- 9 in 10 people in thriving workplaces feel they are able to use their strengths at work and are satisfied with their job
- 83.8% of people in thriving workplaces plan on staying for another year
Read the full report
You can find the full report at itw2021.superfriend.com.au
Sunsuper’s wellbeing partner SuperFriend is a national mental health organisation influencing positive change in workplace mental health and wellbeing.
Sunsuper is one of Australia’s largest superannuation funds with 1.4 million members* and more than $93 billion* in funds under management. As a profit-for-members fund, we return our profits to our members as better services and lower fees, so our members truly sit at the heart of everything we do. We also support more than 160,000 participating employer clients* across a diverse range of industries.
If you’re not already with Sunsuper and you want to start making a real difference to you and your employee’s retirement today – it’s easy to join. Call our Contact Centre on 13 11 84 between 8.00am to 6.30pm (AEST) Monday to Friday for assistance.