Don't worry now checking adhar status is easy and simple.
To achieve our goals we aim to:
- be recognised as the leading voice for Queensland horticulture across all commodities and regions.
- work with our members to develop policy positions and deliver outcomes that enhance industry sustainability and profitability.
- develop networks and build relationships across Australia that enable us to facilitate positive solutions for industry.
The Advocacy and Policy unit has:
- developed and distributed highly influential pre-election documents for both the State and Federal elections.
- scrutinised the first review of the Horticulture Award 2010 by Fair Work Australia and of the rollout of the new Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and associated regulations
- successfully lobbied against new requirements for mandatory re-registration of agricultural chemicals. The legislation is now under review with the intent to remove this requirement
- successfully argued for the reintroduction of Damage Mitigation Permits for flying fox control after years of lobbying state government
- successfully argued for a 10 per cent reduction in regulated electricity tariffs
- played a key role in obtaining elevated levels of financial assistance for growers following ex-Tropical Cyclone Oswald
- provided evidence to the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission of abuses of market power by the supermarkets
- analysed the impacts of the carbon price on fruit and vegetable growers in a project funded by Horticulture Australia Limited
- criticised Federal DAFF Biosecurity’s poor risk management decisions involved in Import Risk Assessments (via Senate Inquiries).
Growcom’s Advocacy & Policy unit produces a weekly column published in various regional media. To view past columns click here.
To contact the Growcom Advocacy and Policy unit please call 07 3620 3844 or email your query to email@example.com
Federal Election Statement
Country of Origin Labelling (CoOL) Regulation Impact Statement
Statement of Proposals to Amend the Water Resource (Moreton) Plan 2007 and Moreton Resource operations Plan
Horticulture Code of Conduct Review 2015
Growcom State Election Statement 2015
Submission on the Agricultural Competitiveness Green Paper – Pt 1.
Submission on the Agricultural Competitiveness Green Paper – Pt 2.
Submission on the Agricultural Competitiveness Issues Paper
Submission on the Carbon Farming Initiative Review
First Principles Review of the APVMA’s Cost Recovery Arrangements
The Implications of the restriction of use of Fenthion on Australia’s horticultural industry
Federal Election Statement
The review of the Protected Plant Legislative Framework under the Nature Conservation Act 1992
Biosecurity Regulation Exposure Draft
Submission on Australia in the Asian Century – Indonesia
Growcom’s policy statements
- Business management and development
- Climate change
- Education and training
- Food safety
- Human resources and industrial relations
- Natural resource management
- Research & development
- Regional planning
- Water resource and water quality management
- Workplace health and safety