Don't worry now checking adhar status is easy and simple.
Freshcare, an industry owned, not-for-profit on-farm assurance program, established and maintained to service the Australian fresh produce industry, recently upgraded its food safety and quality code to a fourth edition. The revised code brings Freshcare inline with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
GFSI certification is currently required to supply directly to Costco and ALDI and is seen as a likely requirement for the other major customer groups. Work being conducted by Freshcare will hopefully see Freshcare FSQ fully accredited under GFSI by late 2017.
Implementation of the new code has:
- ensured there is structural alignment between the Freshcare Codes (Food Safety Quality and Environmental)
- improved access to guidance materials
- improved compliance with GFSI
- better alignment with the ‘Guidelines for Fresh Produce Food Safety’
Growers, until the end of 2016, will be able to have audits completed against FSQ3 or FSQ4. However, from 1 January 2017 ALL audits conducted must be against FSQ4.
As a trainer of Freshcare Food Safety Quality, Growcom will be providing group training sessions across Queensland. Growers will receive a printed copy of FSQ4 manual to work through on the day and be in a position to go to audit when required.
If you would like to register your interest in participating in Freshcare Food Safety (FSQ4) training with Growcom, please fill in the expression of interest form. Growcom will be in contact with you once sufficient numbers for each location have been registered to organise a training day and time.
For more information contact Growcom Land & Water Manager, Scott Wallace on 07 4613 1066 or email email@example.com
The base rate per business is:
(does not include any attendees)
- Growcom Grower Member – $660 (inc gst)
- Non-Growcom Member – $770 (inc gst)
Plus a fee per attendee:
- An attendee needing full training (hasn’t completed V3) – $110 (inc gst)
- An attendee needing transitional training – $66 (inc gst)
Upcoming training sessions
Register and pay online for a planned training session:
- May 25 – Tully / Innisfail
- May 26 – Mareeba / Dimbulah
- May 29 – Bowen
- May 30 – Ayr
- June 24 – Bundaberg
If there is no planned training session in your area, please fill in the expression of interest form (left) to register your interest and Growcom will be in contact once we have sufficient numbers.